Back in May 2018, the US Supreme court opened doors for states to licensed sports betting. This decision overturned Murphy vs. the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the federal law that was enacted back in 1992. Essentially, the law banned states from accepting wagers on sports games. However, the landmark ruling in 4th may 2018, has completely changed the outlook of sports betting across the US. Also, this means affiliates can join legal US sports betting affiliate programs and start making money.
As of today, state governments can quickly generate revenue from fees and taxes on sportsbook operations. Also, individuals rather than the lucky winners can also make money as gambling affiliates. One easy way to earn in sports betting is by joining a sports betting affiliate program. Below is a quick overview of sports betting affiliates, plus six sportsbook affiliate programs that you should consider.
What Is A Sports Betting Affiliate Program?
Any Webmaster should know that a stunning website can help them make money. There are different ways you can make money simply from web traffic to your site. If your goal is make some kind of revenue, of course, this should be the priority.
Nevertheless, you can also earn some great commissions by including batters or ads from clicks that direct users to other sites. This is exactly how sports betting affiliate works.
How do sportsbook affiliate programs work?
With sportsbook affiliation, you start with a professional affiliate website and post content that attracts sports betting enthusiasts. Inside the content of your website, you can add banners and text links that will direct your traffic to the legal US sports betting affiliate program.
When it comes to a great website, WordPress is by far the most popular platform. With WordPress, you can quickly create a gambling affiliate website without necessarily hiring a programmer. Furthermore, you don’t need any coding skills. All you need is a premium sportsbook affiliate WordPress theme and you are ready to become a gambling affiliate in the US. Thanks to flytonic, this is something you will never have to worry about. We offer the best gambling affiliate themes for WordPress at affordable rates. Depending on your budget, you can choose any of the available packages starting at only $59.
Best Gambling Affiliate Themes for WordPress
Below is our handpicked list of the best gaming affiliate wordpress themes.
- Fully Versatile
- High Google pagespeed score
- AMP inbuilt Support
- Multi-Language Support
- Built with SASS +HTML5+Bootstrap
- SEO Friendly
- 100% Mobile Friendly
- Multilingual and translation ready
- Modern & Clean Design
- Sportsbook Casino Widget
- Responsive with Mobile Menu
- Customize Background and Main Color
- Translation Ready
- Well Documented
- SEO Friendly
Gambling and online casinos related blogs could earn reasonable profits by directing platforms to the best gaming sites. The same principle also applies to sports betting sites. Many US states have already established laws for sports betting affiliate programs.
They consider the relationship to be a great partnership and treat sports betting affiliate programs as profitable ventures. In states like New Jersey, sports betting affiliate marketers are asked to pay $5000 for a license. The state considers this as a business cost to enter into the affiliate relationship.
However, there are legal US sports betting affiliate programs that don’t have any fees, but in the same way, the commissions you get from such programs might not be worth your time. Following are 6 legal US sports betting affiliate programs you should consider joining.
6 Best Legal US Sportsbook Affiliate Programs
If you only have a few minutes to spare, the table below offers a quick outlook of the best legal sports betting programs.
|Betting Affiliate Program||Top Betting Brands||Commission|
|FanDuel||FanDuel||Revenue share – 35%|
|Draftkings||Draftkings Sportsbook||Revenue share – 10% – 35%|
|William Hill||William Hill Sport||Revenue Share 10% – 30%|
|Stars Affiliate Club||PokerStars Sports||Revenue share – upto 20%|
|888 Affiliates||888 Sports||Revenue share 20% – 40%|
Without further ado, let’s dive right into our handpicked list of the best sportsbook affiliate programs for US players.
DraftKings Affiliate Program
DraftKings is one of the most popular sportsbook affiliate programs and has many benefits that make it one of the best programs out there. Here are a few important things you need to know about DraftKings Affiliate Program:
- Draftkings affiliate program is free to join and there is a sports betting and daily fantasy affiliate program.
- They have a commission structure that pays about 40% of the overall gaming revenue within the first month. This reduces by 5% from the first month.
- Affiliates can choose to cashout their earnings through PayPal or by check.
- Materials and links are also provided in your affiliate’s account. However, you cannot use outside referrals or promotional codes that haven’t been approved by the operator.
- It’s also important to note that their affiliate program is operated and paid internally, which means there are no 3rd party associations or fees.
Also referred to as the FanDuel Partners, the FanDuel affiliates program has many similarities with the DraftKings Affiliates program. They are the most popular daily fantasy sports provide and prides in having millions of visitors everyday.
- You can join FanDuel Partners for free.
- FanDuel Partners features a multi-tiered commission structure for both FanDuel Daily fantasy sports and FanDuel Sportsbook.
- The Cost per Acquisition (CPA) revenue increase based on the number of depositing players you direct to FanDuel.
- The Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) earnings start at only $25 and increases to about $35 for every new account exceeding 100.
- FanDuel Partners receive earnings through bank wire transfer, bank check, or PayPal.
- They are regular reports offered by FanDuel to track all your registrations, clicks, plus the number of deposits that the new players you have directed have generated.
- FanDuel Partners allows affiliates to use different tracking IDs to help optimize their own marketing design.
Stars Affiliate Club Sports Betting Affiliate Program
Stars Affiliate Club is fully licensed and operates legally in New Jersey, plus has many pending applications with Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- The PokerStars commission structure bundles some extra earnings.
- Earnings are paid out to affiliates account or through bank wire transfer.
- The platform is available in different languages and is available on both mobile and desktop systems.
- The revenue sharing starts at only 15% for the first 2 players and increases to 35% if you direct at least 200 players.
Sugarhouse Sportsbook Affiliate Program
Sugarhouse casino site is one of the establishments that utilize a 3rd party management policy. Sugarhouse affiliate program is operated and managed by Rush Street Interactive.
- SugarHouse has a wide range of player promotions and bonuses for the available casino games and sportsbooks, and these types of promotions can easily generate more revenue for the affiliate partnerships.
- sugarhouse platform is fully responsive and works perfectly on mobile devices. Their main target main are casino games enthusiasts.
- Rush Street Interactive manages all operations for Casino4Fun in Philadelphia’s SugarHouse casino. Check out this legal US sports betting affiliate program to get started in Pennsylvania after lawmakers finalize legal sports betting.
William Hill Sportsbook Affiliate Program
William Hill has over the years offered a sportsbook affiliate program connected to the operator’s casino operations. They primarily focused on partnering with affiliate marketers to promote Nevada, casino players.
- Every affiliate marketer is considered an individual.
- You can easily work out a plan with William Hill to design affiliate programs that suits your needs.
- The good news is that the William Hill sports betting affiliate program is free to join.
- The operator pays reasonable commission rates for both CPAs and the revenue sharing plans.
- William Hill operators internally manage the affiliate program.
888 Sports Affiliate Program
888 sport has a wide range of platforms where players can play both branded and in-house casino games.
- 888 sport has over the years paid more than $200 million in affiliate commissions.
- There is a dedicated support staff always ready to help 24/7
- 888 Sport offers its affiliates a wide range of marketing tools and resources to boost their promotion campaigns.
The Licensing Issues for Sports Betting Affiliate Marketers
As is the case with iGaming, there is no universal rule when it comes to licensing for sports betting affiliate sites. In the United States, states with legal sports betting have strict laws about licensing. New Jersey is one great example.
The state’s DGE is also known as the Division of Gaming Enforcement is tasked with the responsibility of issuing licenses to gambling sites. The type of license an operator needs to operate legally varies depending on how an affiliate gets paid by the casino site. Below are the two main types:
Vendor –If your sports betting affiliate website gets paid a flat fee from every visitor who clicks on the casino link, or when they view the gaming site’s ad, you will have to register as a business “vendor.” You will then have to submit the business form to the betting site you want to partner with; the sportsbook will then forward this form to the DGE.
Ancillary CSIE – If you feel entitled to share some of the revenue that the sportsbook gets from the player who you’ve sent to the bookmarker, your affiliate website must be registered as a CSIE.
However, the situation is more complex in the UK where the UK Gambling Commission has created a strict regulatory system. For instance, if you check many UK sportsbooks, you will find that they have a license.
Legal Requirements for Sportsbook Affiliate Licensing
Operating a legal US sports betting affiliate program in New Jersey requires you to meet some prerequisite conditions. To start with, you must have a good character, show some integrity and be financially stable. You shouldn’t have a criminal history, especially anything that violates the states betting and casino laws.
As the sports betting industry becomes more popular, becoming a sports betting affiliate can be very profitable. 6 legal US sports betting affiliate programs will without a doubt pay out some consistent commissions. If you really understand where the sports betting industry is headed, you will appreciate the possibility of making money as a betting affiliate.