- Download and install the latest version of WordPress 3.5+ on your domain. See wordpress.org for info.
- Download the Sportsbook theme from your members account.
- Unzip teh downloaded file and upload the interior folder without the version number to your themes folder (wp-content/themes/). I recommended using FTP software such as filezilla.
- Go to your appearance section in your WordPress admin and click themes. Look for the Sportsbook theme and activate it.
Add the Featured Article Slider to the Sportsbook Theme
Basically what this page will do is rotate between featured posts that you select. The featured articles use the written excerpt form the post and the slider image that you choose for that post.
1. Step one is to choose the articles you wish to featured on the home page. When editing the article, select yes from the dropdown in the Featured Articles Options area.
2. Upload the slider image to be displayed – input link into slider image field. Image size will be 175px x 175px when displayed so that would be the recommended size to use.
See image below for screenshot of Featured Article Options
3. So next step is to create the actual page where these articles will be displayed. Create a new page or use an exiting page for this. For the demo, the home page was used for the slider.
4. When editing the page select the “Slider Template” under the page attributes section.
Note the slider will show the excerpt of the posts. So be sure to enter your excerpt in for featured posts.
The slider is shown at the top of the page.
The posts will automatically rotate or you can hover over it and go back or forth between the posts using the arrows.
Top header and top navigation areas
Hide the Top Header Area
The top header area contains the tagline for the site on the left and a custom menu on the right.
If you wish to remove this whole black strip then go to the theme options area and look for header preferences. You will see the option to disable top navigation bar – check this.
Add top right navigation menu
The top right area can be used as a custom menu. Create a new menu in WordPress and save this in the “Top Header Navigation” location. That’s it; just add the link you want to display there.
The Sportsbook Theme has 4 different color schemes:
1. Default (Red)
To change the style, go to the theme options area. Find the general options area and you will see a drop down to choose your Theme Color. Select the color you want and hit save. See screenshot:
Review Page Option 2
You have the ability to also use a second version of the review page for casinos/sportsbooks. The second option enables you to display more information about the sportsbook at the top of the page.
When adding/editing a new casinos select page template “Review Page Option 2”. Once saved the review page will now change to the second option.
Adding Custom Fields to Review Page
You can add up to 5 custom fields to the table on review page option 2. Just enter the headline and value for each field you want to add to the bottom of the table in order.