One of the great new features of wordpress 3.0 is the custom menu features.
Now you can easily add pages, or categories to your navbar of your theme. You can also easily drag and drop pages to create drop down menus on your navigation bar.
Creating a Custom Navigation Menu in WordPress
To get started creating your navigation menu follow these steps:
- Go to your theme admin under the appearance section click on the menus links
- You then need to create a name for your menu. Some themes might support multiple menus, the dealer theme just uses the one navigation menu.
- Next you need to select the pages or categories and click the add to menu button.
- Once that is done you can rearrange the menu order and select pages that you want to go under a certain page (for the drop down menu effect).
- Click to save menu when finished.
Changing The Title of a Link?
You can change the title of a page link by hitting the down arrow next to the page:
Creating a Custom Link in the navbar?
Thanks to these new menus in WordPress 3.0, you now can add custom links in your navigation. Just enter the link and add to menu.You can also click the box next to the menu name to automatically add pages to the navbar of creating them.
The Dealer theme version 2.0 is now compatible with custom menus.
Table of Contents