Via WordPress Upload
You can also upload the zip file by adding a new theme in your WordPress area as well.
- Go to themes and select Add New theme
- Click Upload Theme and upload the downloaded file and install the theme
- Activate the theme
- Download and install the latest version of WordPress on your site. See wordpress.org for info.
- After download you will see a file called: thesportsbook_vx_x.zip. Unzip this.
- Connect to your wordpress blog via FTP software such as filezilla.
- Inside the unzipped folder you will see the folder “thesportsbook”. Upload this folder and all content to your themes folder. (wp-content/themes/).
- Go to your appearance section in your wordpress admin and click themes. Look for the Sportsbook Affiliate theme and activate it.
- That is it!
Creating a Slide Page
Creating a page with a slider on top takes two steps.
Step 1 – Add slide
Add a new slide by clicking add new under Slide in your admin area.
You need to enter a title, enter slide text, add the slide image in the featured image area, add the url for the button, and add the button text.
See screenshot of the slide edit area:
Step 2 – Create Page
Next, you need to create a new page and pick the Top Slider template page. You can place anything else you want on this page but the slider will show up automatically at the top of the page.
The most recent new slide will show first.
It will rotate all slides, so delete or save slides as drafts if you do not want to show them.
You can also create a slider page with a sidebar as well. Just pick the other page template (Top Slider with Sidebar).
Create a Landing Page
You can also create landing pages like the slide template but with just a static image, content, and button.
1. Create a new page
2. Choose the Landing page or Landing page with sidebar page template
3. Go to the Landing page properties and fill out the information for title, sub title, button text, and button url.
4. That is it, add content to the page itself like usual.
Landing page options
Add in post comparison tables and featured sites
Adding casino comparison tables and featured sites is as easy as a few clicks. Just click the Flytonic dropdown in the editor menu to pick the appropriate shortcode and configure it.
Translation and Text Replacement
The theme is ready for translation, so you can easily translate it from English to whatever language you wish.
Rather the writeup how to do that here, here is a great article to do that using Poedit software: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-theme/
You can use the .pot language template file that is in the themes language folder. Opening that in poedit, you can translate all the text and save it in your appropriate language code as the file name. Place it in the same folder and make sure your WordPress install is in the same language as well.
There are also a few words in front end that you can change like button text and table headings for the shortcodes.
Go to the theme options page and you will see a section for word replacement: