- Download and install the latest version of WordPress on your site. See wordpress.org for info.
- After download you will see a file called: forex2theme_vx_x.zip. Unzip this.
- Connect to your wordpress blog via FTP software such as filezilla.
- Inside the unzipped folder you will see the folder “forex2theme”. Upload this folder and all content to your themes folder. (wp-content/themes/).
- Go to your appearance section in your wordpress admin and click themes. Look for the Forex 2 theme and activate it.
- That is it!
- You can also upload the zip file by adding a new theme in your WordPress area as well.
Adding Broker Pages and Review Page Info
To create review pages, use custom widgets, and use custom shortcodes, you need first create and input your broker information inside your wordpress admin.
You will see a link called Brokers on the left side of your page. Click that link and create a new page. You will see a list of fields on the page to input. You do not have to input all the fields as some brokers or sites you promote do not have or need that information.
If a field is blank it will not be shown on the review page!
The review page is the permalink for the broker. So click view page or preview to see what the review page will look like.
Some info on some of the fields:
- Site Affiliate URL: The url you want to direct users to for this broker. It should contain your broker affiliate code.
- Redirect Key – the key to hide your broker affiliate url. It should contain no spaces and be unique to that room. So instead of using the full affiliate URL to link to the site, you can use http://www.yoursite.com/visit/key/
- Bonus Amount: Enter bonus amount as a number, do not include the currency this will only be used for ordering widget and in post broker tables.
- Bonus Text: The full bonus information including currency symbol and any other words.
- US players Allowed: Check box if US players are allowed.
You can use tags for brokers to filter the brokers in tables or widgets.
Example if you want to only show binary trading sites in a table. Tag all brokers that are binary with a tag to indicate binary. You then can choose this tag to filter the widgets and tables to only show those brokers.
Use the featured image location to add a logo for your Broker.
The Forex Theme has 2 custom broker widgets. All info is dynamically outputted from the broker pages in the admin.
1. Featured Broker Widget
2. Recommended Brokers Widget
Featured Broker Widget
The featured broker widget will show one broker.
You can choose the broker or show one at random, that will switch with each page reload.
Screenshots of the Widget and the output:
Recommended Brokers Widget
This custom widget will show a listing of Brokers.
You can order by menu order, name, bonus, and rating.
Use tags to filer the widget by a certain type of broker.
You can choose 4 variations of the output. Each shows a different field for the broker in the output. See below for screenshots of the different versions.
Screenshots of the Widget and the output:
Broker Comparison Shortcode Tables
This code outputs a table of brokers in a post or page with a view different output options. Here is what the output will look like and the different versions.
To easily insert the table, the quickest way is to use the Flytonic dropdown like other Flytonic shortcodes.
Once clicked it will input a code like this inside the post. Here is the full code:
[bonustable usa=”Y or N” num=”number of sites” orderby=”Order by property” sort=”asc or desc” network=”Which Network” Tag=”Tag Name” version=’Version Number’ ]
usa=’y’ (If usa is y then show only rooms with this checked, otherwise if blank or ‘n’ all rooms are shown.
num=Pick number of broker sites to show in table
orderby=Pick to sort by bonus amount, bonus percent, rating, post order, payout
Here are the orderby text you need to use and the corresponding values
_as_bonusamount: Order by bonus amount
_as_rating: Order by rating
_as_roomname: order by site name
menu_order: order by page menu order
sort=Sort the orderby attribute either “asc” (ascending) or “desc” (descending)
tag = choose the affiliate tag to filer the table
version = 1,2,3
If all attributes are blank or shortcode is only [bonustable]
Default is: usa=”n” num=”10″ orderby=”menu_order” sort=”ASC” network=”” tag=”” version=”1″.
So this will display up to 10 broker sites and order them by menu order ascending with table version 1 as the output.
You can also feature a broker in a post or page as well. See the demo here.
Here is the manual code:
[featured site=’24 Option Trading’ ]Here is the summary of the site. You can put more information about the site here. Here is the summary for this shortcode block.[/featured]
You enter the site name and the description in between the opening and closing of shortcodes.
Full Width Page Template
You can select a full page template if you do not want a sidebar on one of your pages. This expand the middle content to be the width of the page.
Adding Slider Page
When you view the demo of the Forex 2 Theme, you will notice a slider at the top of the page. This page uses a Top Slide Page Template.
The First step is to add slides to your website. You will see the Slide panel underneath your posts a pages on the WP admin left menu.
Add a featured image for the slide image as well as the button text and link fields.
You then need to create a new page or edit an existing page and pick the Top Slide Template.
The theme is ready for translation, so you can easily translate it from English to whatever language you wish. Rather the writeup how to do that here, here is a great article to do that using Poedit software: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-theme/