- Download and install the latest version of WordPress on your domain. See wordpress.org for info.
- Download the DoubleDown Theme from your members account downloads area.
- Unzip the downloaded file and upload the interior folder without the version number to your themes folder (wp-content/themes/). I recommended using FTP software such as filezilla.
- You can also upload the theme by going to your Appearance->Theme section and add new theme.
- Go to your appearance section in your WordPress admin and click themes. Look for the DoubleDown Theme and activate it.
Setting Up the Slider Front Page
If you look at the theme demo, you will see the Home Slider Template. To get this as your front page first be sure you have add some articles, slides, casinos, and games so you can populate this page.
Follow these steps:
1. Create a new page and select the page template Home Slider Template.
2. Next, setup the options of the page by selecting the options down the page as pictured below.
3. You can choose to select the pages to feature, casinos, games, and more. Be sure to add at least one slide to show in your site.
4. Set this page as the front page in the reading settings.
To add slides to your site to use in the Slider Page Template as mentioned above, look for the Slides link on the left of your theme. You will need to add a title, subtitle, button text, and button url.
Be sure to add the featured image which will be the slide image. Choose a large square shape image around 800x800px or similar.
Adding Casino and Games
You can easily add both casinos and games to the theme and create review pages for each as well. You will see both on the left of the theme admin area. The logo for the casino is the featured image. Use a size approximately 200x120px.
Game Listings Template
To display all your games inside a page select the page template “Gambling Listings Template” when creating a new page. Next you will want to select a few of the options further down the page as shown below:
The theme is ready for translation, so you can easily translate it from English to whatever language you wish. Rather the writeup how to do that here, here is a great article to do that using Poedit software: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-theme/