- Download and install the latest version of WordPress on your site. See wordpress.org for info.
- After download you will see a file called: casinotown2_vx_x.zip. Unzip this.
- Connect to your wordpress blog via FTP software such as filezilla.
- Inside the unzipped folder you will see the folder “casinotown2”. Upload this folder and all content to your themes folder. (wp-content/themes/).
- Go to your appearance section in your wordpress admin and click themes. Look for the CasinoTown2 theme and activate it.
- That is it!
- You can also upload the zip file by adding a new theme in your WordPress area as well.
Creating a Slide Page
Creating a page with a slider on top takes two steps.
Step 1 – Add slide
Add a new slide by clicking add new under Slide in your admin area.
You need to enter a title, enter slide text, add the slide image in the featured image area, add the url for the button, and add the button text.
See screenshot of the slide edit area:
Step 2 – Create Page
Next, you need to create a new page and pick the Top Slider template page. You can place anything else you want on this page but the slider will show up automatically at the top of the page.
The most recent new slide will show first.
It will rotate all slides, so delete or save slides as drafts if you do not want them to show.
Add in post comparison tables and featured sites
Adding casino comparison tables and featured sites is as easy as a few clicks. Just click the Flytonic dropdown in the editor menu to pick the appropriate shortcode and configure it.
Left Sidebar Option
You can easily move between a left and right sidebar option when going to your theme options area.
Go to the theme options area and under Misc, you will see an option to select left or right.
The theme is ready for translation, so you can easily translate it from English to whatever language you wish.
Rather the writeup how to do that here, here is a great article to do that using Poedit software: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-theme/
You can use the .pot language template file that is in the themes language folder. Opening that in poedit, you can translate all the text and save it in your appropriate language code as the file name. Place it in the same folder and make sure your WordPress install is in the same language as well.